Tuesday, October 18, 2011

goggles

I know a great place to get prescription glasses!  They have a big selection, so it is easy to find a style that you like.  Their prices are so good that you wonder if they are too good to be true.  And on top of that they send out e-mails frequently with a 72 hour coupon link or sale code (try "BigSale").  This electric blue pair, I got not too long ago, when all was said and done for about $15.  That includes everything- even shipping.  The site is called goggles4u.com.  Check it out. 


And just for laughs- here are some pictures of me sporting different pairs of glasses that I have gotten from their site over the last few years.  I had to dig deep through my pictures to find them.  I don't usually let my personal photographer take pictures of me when I don't have my make up and contacts on.  And sometimes he just pretends not to hear me. Here I am in:
grey

blue metal


pink

 and brown.


Posted by Picasa
You'll need to scan and e-mail, or fax them a prescription from your eye doctor for glasses (which expires every 2 years), and ask them to give you your pupilary distance, or P.D. It is just a measurement that the website needs. Just have them write it on the back of your prescription when they give it to you at the office, or just call your dr. office and ask them to give it to you over the phone.

I also found it helpful, when I ordered my first pair, to measure the height of my frames, so that I could have a reference when I was shopping, for relative size.  I usually search for frames that are less than $10.

3 comments:

  1. Ok- so can I just thank you from the bottom of my heart for posting this?! We needed this a few months ago when we forked over WAY TOO MUCH for Doug's glasses- we'll know for next time- thanks to you. By the way- I think you make the perfect model- they should be paying you for advertising. :) Your picture with Abe is my favorite! Pink. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been glasses-less for almost 2 months, and after waving to people I don't know and completely ignoring people I do, I am finally going to overcome my fear of calling eye doctors for prescriptions. I'm always worried they'll feel bad that I didn't buy my contacts/glasses through them . . . but I'm going to conquer my fears in 5 minutes! Call me sometime and make sure I didn't chicken out . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I'll file that away for next time I need glasses ... which could be soon. These ones are getting old.

    ReplyDelete